A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have... <3

Sunday, February 12, 2012

-Moments of Impact-

This weekend I went and saw The Vow with my best friend, and it got me thinking...

My favorite quote from that movie is...
"Life's all about moments of impact, and how they change our lives forever."
-Leo

What if I hadn't met some of the people I have throughout my life? What if I hadn't experienced some of the things that I have? Who would I be? Where would I be? Who would be in my life now? What would I be doint with my life?

After thinking about this quote for the last few days, I really think that I have had thousands of moments of impact in my life that I never really paid attention to before. Moments of impact that have changed me. Whether it was someone I met, something I did, or something someone did for me. A mistake I made. A trial I faced. A heartbreak. Thousands of moments have changed me. Made me into the person I am today. I cherish my memories more than anything. I can't even imagine having something happen to me and not being able to remember the last 5 years of my life. I wouldn't remember who I am. Who my friends are. The one's I love. The things that interest me. I would have my whole high school life erased. All the things I experienced. I would not be able to live without my memories. I would be so lost if I didn't have my past to look back to.

There is another quote from The Vow that says..

             How do you look at the [one] you love and tell yourself it's time to walk away?
                                         -Leo

As I was watching this, I noticed that it hit my best friend really hard, and she told me why after. And I thought to myself,
       "How many times have I had to do that?"
It really is one of the hardest things ever. To care about someone so much and know that they dont care about you back. You really do have to tell yourself it's time to talk away. If you're in a bad relationship, listen to this quote. If you aren't happy with relationship you have, listen to this. Yes, it's hard to walk away from someone you care about so much. Trust me, I know. But in the end, it's worth it. It's hard for a while and you might think you can't get through it, but you can. It gets better. It all starts with telling yourself that it's time. In high school, I had a boyfriend that cheated on me. When the truth finally came out, he chose her. Not me. He told me he'd come back after he was done dating her. He never did. I finally realized that it was all a lie and had to tell myself...
             "Okay Jess, it's time to walk away. This is doing nothing but destroying you."

If I wouldn't have walked away, I might still have feelings for that boy today. I wouldn't be where I am today. But because I did, my life is amazing. I have great people in my lfie and i'm not weighed down with that burden.

Today, I Vow...
         -To always keep some record of my memories. [This will be easiest for me to keep up with my blog]
              If I ever lost my memory, I would need to have my memories written down.
               So I Vow to always update my blog and take LOTS of pictures!

     -To always cherish the relationships I have and never take anything for granted.

          -To never get caught up in my past again. I will not be weighed down by things that happened to me
             because they all changed me for the better.
     -Lastly, I Vow that when I find the one i'm going to marry in the future, I will love him as deeply as
           Paige and Leo do in The Vow.


"I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love."
                           "I vow to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home."

No comments:

Post a Comment